Friday, September 18, 2009

SUCCESS!


The 1st Annual Golf Outing was a huge success!


Approximately 80 golfers joined us at Stow Acres yesterday for a fun day of golf, all in support of Steven. (More pictures to come shortly.) A huge thank you to everyone who came and helped make this event one to remember. About 95% of the golfers were my husband's contacts through work and I am overwhelmed with how generous they all were despite not even knowing me or Steven. Dan, you did an amazing job making this event a success! I am proud of you and feel lucky to have you as my husband.

Special thanks go to the fabulous raffle girls - I don't know what I would have done without them and they were a HUGE hit. They jumped right in stuffing welcome bags for the carts and selling raffles and contests. They now know what a mulligan is, how to drive a golf cart (sort of) and how to cut and light a cigar. Another special thank you goes to Ed LoTurco who has been tirelessly working with us since June and was by our side again yesterday. Ed hasn't missed a Foundation meeting and is always ready and willing to do whatever we need. I am forever grateful.

The Stow Acres staff was excellent, and commented on how organized and fun we were, and how we were able to add a few new twists to the average golf outing. They also loved our "uniforms"!

I truly hope more of you will join us next year. I had more fun than I anticipated and look forward to the 2nd Annual event!
YARD SALE, TAKE TWO

Hopefully my Mom, Dad and I will see some of you at the yard/bake sale tomorrow. Jessie and I will be busy baking later today and we welcome you to swing by 11 Sherman Street in Lexington tomorrow for a coffee and brownie, and to browse the yard sale items. I will also have the (almost sold out) new fleece jackets and long-sleeve tees with me! Remember, the proceeds of the bake sale go to the Foundation! Thank you for your support!

Yard/Bake Sale
Saturday, September 19th
9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
11 Sherman Street
Lexington

No comments:

Post a Comment